Monday 2 June 2008

and up again...

Today I am feeling more optimistic. Rotten and dog tired, but positive regardless.

Again, not a whole lot of sleep going on, even with the sleeping pills, but no point going to bed early as that seems to make things worse.

I joined a support group for POF women, although am not allowed to post yet, one thing I saw which has cheered me immensly, is that when POF is caused by something, such as an autoimmune disorder, thyroid problems etc, treating the cause can usually reverse the POF.

To me, this is the beacon in the fog, the light at the end of the tunnel, the one last glimmering shred of hope yada yada yada. But seriously, I am hoping beyond hope that there is a cause, and it is treatable, and the POF reverses.

When I went to see the GP a month ago, she and I both though I had PCOS. My hormone levels dont agree, but I think I have covered this before. I really believe I have cysts in some shape or form, and if I am proved right, this could well be the cause of the POF, so if I treat the cysts, the POF should reverse.....

For now I have to believe this, so I will. So there.

No comments: