Monday 8 September 2008

The reply is in.

After my initial appointment with my consultant, I received a very short, blunt letter, whch didn;t give me any information, and ended with a curt comment about my weight.

I wrote a lengthy, and somewhat irate reply to this.

Today, I got the reply. She was very apologetic, which was good. And confirmed that my weight is not responsible for the POF. She has also agreed to bring my next appointment forward to the 26th September.

The latest results were:
FSH 39
LH 21
Prolactin 58
Estradiol 151
which I think is pretty much the same as the first two sets.

I'm hoping to get to change my HRT as I really dont like this one. The current and ongoing symptoms are:
Exhaustion (not helped mby the hrt)
Greasy/dry skin (not helped)
Greasy hair (not helped but the swimming means I wash it more)
Spots (not helped)
Dandruff (not helped, nothing is)
Heartburn (not helped)
Sweats/flashes (not helped)
Insomnia (hrt hasnt helped, happy pills have)
Mood swings (caused by hrt - from suicidal to manically happy)
Nightmares (probably the dx not the pills)
Leg cramps (caused by hrt)
Oral thrush (I assume caused by hrt, as never had it before)
Libido (gone awol, nothing helping)

So all in all, the current hrt is doing naff all. Hopefully when I tell her, she will change it. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Fingers crossed.
Not upset at all. Rant away. That's what we're hear for.
**HUGS**